The Western North Carolina Conference Leadership Development Team offers workshops to increase the leadership capabilities of clergy and ministry professionals. Check out the current workshops available.
- Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders - March 12-16, 2018 in Columbia, SC Lombard Mennonite Peace Center: is again hosting its Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders. Conflict is normal and inevitable whether in the home, school, community, church or workplace. Leaders in all walks of life often have a responsibility to help others work through their conflicts. The Mediation Skills Training Institute presented by the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center (LMPC) is Continue reading Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders
- Sabbath Life Grants - Sabbath Life is an ecumenical invitation to pastors and ministry professionals to embody a way of life grounded in the practice of Sabbath, setting aside a time and space for renewal and rejuvenation. Sabbath Life works to counter that exhaustion by offering space to ministry professional for delight, rest, community connection, and worship. We meet together monthly in small cohorts of 10-12, Continue reading Sabbath Life Grants
- Called and Gifted to Lead Workshop - May 21-23, 2018 in Lake Junaluska This workshop is sponsored and funded by the Leadership Development Team of WNCC. It is a 48-hour experience during which you remember your call and best ministry moments, celebrate your strengths, consider your current ministry, identify development needs, and create a 3-5 year plan for growth. Using feedback, small group experiences, and individual and Continue reading Called and Gifted to Lead Workshop
- Launch and Lead - Competency-Based Missional Training Launch & Lead is distinguished by its hybrid apprach to distance education. While we take advantage of modern technology to deliver instruction digitally so that it is accessible at any time and in any location, we also recognize the importance of meeting together face to face. There are a total of four gatherings. Students that begin Launch Continue reading Launch and Lead
- The Big Silence Retreat - January 14-17, 2018 The Big Silence is a 4-Day mostly silent retreat offering an immersion in solitude, silence, and deep prayer at the beautiful St. Francis Springs Prayer center from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon, January 14-17, 2018. Start the year off by setting an inner course of connection with God to support your life and ministry in the months to come. Praying Continue reading The Big Silence Retreat